There are some objects that will always warm up an interior. My design world would blow up without the following favorite things:
1. Fresh flowers: Sometimes, you just have to throw down and buy them for yourself, but always remember you are worth it! Pick three types that you like at the grocery store and mix them up like the pro that you are.
2. White utility: towels, sheets, linens, china, duvet covers, pitchers--they always look fresh and set off your decor, your flowers and your food perfectly.
3. Monogrammed everything: Napkins, sheets and towels are the obvious simple choices and add a personal touch to your table, your bedroom and your bathrooms. Monogrammed antique linens are amazing, those canvas totes from Land's End are endlessly practical (always have them monogrammed) and if so inspired, you can monogram your purse or even your bathing suit.
4. A throw: Soft and gorgeous throws on the arm of every couch and at the end of every bed make naps and snuggling easy.
5. Candles, candles, candles. Nothing makes us look prettier, feel more romantic and be more festive than lit candles.
All of these elements help to make a house a home and keep it cozy, personalized and tasteful. And these favorite things always make beautiful, thoughtful gifts!